It is February… so this month’s music is seriously cuddle-worthy. Extra bonus for you: if you forget to get a Valentine’s gift, you can just give your significant other the playlist! Help me, help you.
- Lovesong – Adele
- Crack the Shutters – Snow Patrol
- The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
- Dance Me to the End of Love – The Civil Wars
- I Would Do Anything for You – Foster the People
- Don’t Let Me Fall – Lenka
- Mountain Song – Rayland Baxter
- Hold You In My Arms – Ray LaMontagne
Schmoopie Playlist $9.42
We in the Autism world agree with everyone else that Christmas is an amazingly wonderful time of the year. I myself love Christmas! I imagine sitting by a cozy fireplace in my eggnog-laden, holly-filled home. Taking a deep breath in…… and now out. Did someone say carolers outside? How divine. But when I wake up from the cinnamon intoxication, I realize I am dreading Christmas with the energy of 1 MILLION wild horses. (or something like that) Because with Christmas comes crowds, noises, changes in routine, new foods, new smells, ripping of paper… aka everything known to cause meltdowns or behavior problems for those with autism.
You should see my twitter feed. Parents of kids on the spectrum are getting their battle gear on for the Christmas season because getting through the holidays is a BEAST TO BE CONQUERED. (or something like that)
So, with the holidays gearing up, I’m sure some of you have your Christmas music dusted off and in your players. Can I get a Fa la la all up in here?! (What do you mean, no?) I do love me some jingles.
I figure you have the Christmas music covered and instead made a playlist that may ease your mind during the chaos of the season. It’s about hard times. It’s about understanding. It’s about support. Because even though we love Christmas as much as the next guy, it is also one of the most challenging times of the year for our families.
On Tap – December
- From This One Place – Sara Groves
- The Cave – Mumford & Sons
- Where Are You Driving – Laura Veirs
- Buildings & Mountains – The Republic Tigers
- The High Road – Broken Bells
- Us Against the World – Coldplay
- I’m With You – The Stills
- Always – Switchfoot
- Little Song – Sarah Jarosz
to for the playlist – It will bring you to your iTunes application to purchase. The cost is $10.11 You can also “gift” it to someone who may like it.
(I get exactly ZERO money from this – just sharing)
I plan on doing a playlist every month. That’s why it’s “On Tap” it’s what’s playing in my house for the month.
I hope you like it!